Carpet Cleaning in Cardiff
...with a difference
Request a Quote for
your Home or Office.
Give Your Carpet A Deep Clean
Read More About Us...
Your Local Expert Carpet Cleaner
We guarantee satisfaction. Just call us within 30 days of service
and we’ll return to your home to remedy any problem.
Spot & Stain
I was very pleased with the carpet cleaning done by your staff. The rugs look great. Keep up the excellent work!!
Let Us Do Your Dirty Work!
The Ultimate Guide To Carpet Cleaning
Carpets often get stained and dirty over the course of their lifetime. This can be due to the high volume of footfall or mishaps that can cause spillage on the carpet. It is a homeowner’s worst nightmare to have a glaring stain on their newly purchased carpet. But don’t fret, there are ways to get these stains removed.
This article will talk all about all the methods you can use to clean your carpet, the steps you need to take to remove certain stains, and how professional carpet cleaning services in Cardiff can help breathe new life into your old carpet. Keep reading!
Carpet Cleaning Methods
The best way to clean a carpet depends on several factors. Firstly, you need to know the type of carpet you have. The material used to make the carpet and the thickness all play a huge role in the method that needs to be used.
While hiring professional carpet cleaning services in Cardiff is the best option, several ways can help you clean your carpet and make it look brand new. Let’s look into each of them.
The first method is popular amongst many carpet cleaning services in Cardiff. Steam cleaning, also known as hot water extraction, is where heavily pressurized boiling water is applied to the carpet to loosen the dirt particles. Carpets can gather a lot of dirt over time; some of this dirt is deep in the stitches, and a normal brush might not be able to get them out.
If you have a heavily stained carpet, most cleaning services will add a cleaning solution with hot water to dissolve the stains and make removing them easier. Not to mention removing the bad odor and bacteria in the carpet.
This is the reason why most households, as well as professional carpet cleaners in Cardiff, are looking to get their hands on a steam cleaner.
This method has been used for years and is considered one of the easiest methods to get stains out of your carpet. It involves applying a cleaning chemical to your carpet and cleaning it with a motorized brush. Most cheap carpet cleaning services in Cardiff offer this solution for an affordable price. This method works best for carpets with a low-pile.
If you can’t get your hands on cleaning solutions specifically designed for carpets, you can always use dry foam shampoo. It may not have the same effect, but it can work wonders on less stubborn stains and eliminate the terrible odor.
This is the newest method of cleaning carpets. Several carpet and upholstery cleaning services are implementing this in Cardiff. The idea is to use a chemical with a crystallizing agent and cleaning properties. The cleaning chemical will suspend any dirt and bacteria in the carpet, and the crystallizing agent will then turn all the dirt into crystals that can be easily vacuumed.
Several professional carpet cleaners use this process in Cardiff, UK. This process has lasting results and can help you clean larger areas quickly. Due to this method's cost-efficiency and effectiveness, it is quickly being adopted by several household and carpet cleaning services.
The only drawback of this process is that it is ineffective against grease stains, and the equipment needed for this method can often be expensive and difficult to use. You cannot do this method yourself at home, but several carpet cleaning services in Cardiff offer this solution.
Carpet Cleaning By Type
As mentioned before, the process that you use to clean a carpet depends on the material the carpet is made of. This section will highlight the steps you need to take when cleaning carpets made from a specific material.
As the name suggests, these carpets are made from synthetic materials such as nylon, polyester, and olefin. These carpets are known for their durability and resistance to stains. That being said, they still need to be cleaned.
Cleaning these is one of the easiest on this list. The following steps will allow you to properly clean your synthetic carpet:
- Start by vacuuming the carpet in different directions with the beater brush set to pile height
- Blot any liquid spills and mist them with warm water
- Add some cleaning solution to the carpet or use a professional extraction machine to get the tough stains out
- Once done, let the carpet sit under a fan or air conditioner and let it dry
*Note: Ensure that you empty the vacuum bag when it is 50% full. This is a method most professional carpet cleaners in Cardiff use to get maximum efficiency when cleaning.
Wool carpets are made from natural sheep fleece. While aesthetically pleasing, these carpets are a great option if you want to keep your carpet clean. It may be a bit pricier, but it is worth the investment.
Cleaning a wool carpet is relatively easy, especially regarding stains. The natural fibers allow stains to be easily removed, so much so that even mud would not be an issue. All you need to do is wait for it to dry and easily vacuum it up.
Using a vacuum in different directions can clean a wool carpet. Ensure you are not using a rotary brush since it can fuzz up the yarn used. In case of stains, just blot the stain and use a warm water mist.
Keep in mind that deep cleaning can be a tedious process. The way wool carpets are made, there is a high chance that the carpet won’t dry. If you are looking to deep clean your carpet, it is best to recruit the help of carpet cleaning services in Cardiff.
Sisal carpets are manufactured with a renewable fiber derived from the agave plant. These fibers are durable and make for a carpet that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. When it comes to cleaning these carpets is both easy and difficult and easy. A quick vacuum with a beater brush can remove most dirt if you have dry stains.
The real issue is when there are wet stains. The sisal carpets are completely natural and cannot be treated as stain-resistant like synthetic carpets, which means they have high absorption. Experts suggest sticking to dry methods of cleaning. If you are considering deep cleaning, it is best to hire a carpet and upholstery cleaning service in Cardiff.
How To Get Certain Stains Out
You can maintain your carpet with a vacuum every week, but the real trouble is the stains. Stains can range from several things, and to clean stains effectively, you need to know how to tackle them. Hiring someone for carpet cleaning in Cardiff can always be a great option, but if you want to get it done yourself, here’s how to do it.
- Alcohol: If you have an alcoholic beverage spill on your carpet, you must act fast. It needs to be diluted with cold water, so it doesn’t stain. You will need a mixture of detergent, vinegar, and warm water to be applied to the diluted spill. You then need to let the carpet dry and vacuum over it to get rid of the stain
- Blood: Blotting the blood to absorb as much as you can. The longer the blood stays, the worse the stain. You will need a mixture of detergent, vinegar, and warm water to be applied to the affected area. You then need to let the carpet dry and vacuum over it to get rid of the stain
- Butter: This is relatively easy to clean. Scrape off as much as you can and apply a dry cleaning fluid. It usually removes the stain in one go, but if you can still see it, try repeating the process. Once the carpet is dried, finish it with a vacuum over the stain
- Candle wax: Candle wax does not require any detergent or cleaning liquid. Simply place an ice cube on the wax to solidify it and simply peel it off
- Chewing gum: Most people get panicked if chewing gum gets stuck on their carpet. The truth is, it is easy to remove. Same as wax, you simply need to rub ice on it to solidify the chewing gum and peel it off easily
- Chocolate: Your first step should be to scrape as much chocolate as possible. Next, You will need a mixture of detergent, vinegar, and warm water, which will be applied to the diluted spill. You then need to let the carpet dry and vacuum over it to get rid of the stain
- Coffee: Coffee can leave a stubborn stain if you don’t act quickly. You will need to blot the stain and apply a mixture of detergent, vinegar, and warm water, which will be applied to the affected area. After this, apply a dry-cleaning fluid and vacuum once the carpet has dried.
- Crayon: Crayon stains can be hard to get out, and if you have young ones running around the house, it’s best to be prepared. In case of a crayon stain on the carpet, scrape off as much as you can and press it with a warm iron. Then blot again so you can absorb easily. Net, you must apply dry-cleaning fluid and vacuum the stain once the carpet is dry. Repeat this process as many times as necessary to eliminate the stain.
- Gravy: Gravy has oil which can be a nightmare to clean up. Your best action is to quickly mix a solution of vinegar, detergent, and warm water and apply it to the stain. Wait for it to dry, and then apply a dry-cleaning fluid. Once that has dried, simply vacuum the stain.
- Mud/dirt: Mud might seem like a horrible stain, but it is relatively easy to get out. Simply let the mud dry out. Next, apply a solution of vinegar, detergent, and warm water. Wait for it to dry, and then apply a dry-cleaning fluid. Once that has dried, simply vacuum the stain.
- Salad dressing: Spilling food is a common mishap and you can find yourself spilling some food on your carpet. In case this is salad dressing, you have nothing to fear, simply absorb as much of the salad dressing through blotting. Next, apply a solution of vinegar, detergent, and warm water. Wait for it to dry, and then apply a dry-cleaning fluid. Once that has dried, simply vacuum the stain.
- Soft drinks: Everyone loves a cold can of coke but what happens when you accidentally spill it on your new carpet? Well, it can be easy to remove if you act quickly. The liquid can set into the carpet permanently so you need to blot the stain. Blot stains from spilled drinks quickly so that they don’t set into the carpet permanently. Next, apply a solution of vinegar, detergent, and, warm water. Wait for it to dry, and then apply a dry-cleaning fluid. Once that has dried, simply vacuum the stain.
- Urine: Apply a solution of detergent, vinegar, and warm water. Wait for it to dry, and then apply a dry-cleaning fluid. The stain should start vanishing. Repeat this method a few times until the stain is completely gone. Once that has dried, simply vacuum the stain
- Vomit: Vomit stains can be sometimes almost impossible to remove if you don’t act fast. You need to immediately blot up as much as you can and dilute the stain with baking soda and water (the method works better with club soda. The next step is to apply a water solution with a tenth of ammonia. Once applied, rinse the stain with cold water and vacuum it gently once dried.
- Wine: We have all heard stories of the dreaded red wine stain, but it isn’t as bad as it sounds. All you need to do is dilute the red wine with white wine, clean the stain with cold water and cover it with table salt. Once it has dried, you can vacuum up the table salt and your carpet will be good as new.
Tips On Maintaining Your Carpet
A carpet can be a hefty investment in your home. Carpet prices can go upwards of $5 per square foot, not including padding and installation costs. While most households prefer marble flooring, a carpet can bring new life to any room.
This makes it just as important to take extra care of your carpet. Here are some tips that can help you keep your carpet clean for years.
- Proper maintenance is paramount. While a carpet may look clean, it can still accumulate dust. You should make it common practice to vacuum your carpet every two weeks, and this needs to be done more frequently for carpets that experience more footfall.
- Stains have a way of ingraining themselves in the carpet. Don’t leave a stain with the thought that you will eventually return to it. Clean it immediately. This will keep your carpet from having unusual marks.
- Taking off your shoes before stepping on the carpet is a great way to protect them from stains. Shoes can track all kinds of bacteria as well as dirt and mud; this is one step that should be common practice in all households with carpets.
- Most people feel uncomfortable walking barefoot or in their houses. You can get a pair of comfortable shoes specifically for your home use to tackle this. These shoes will be relatively cleaner and prevent your carpet from getting stained
- Mats can be a great way to protect your actual carpet. Placing them in front of sofas and chairs ensures that parts of the carpet that experience high traffic will be safe from being stained.
Carpets can be an amazing inclusion to your home décor, but a stained carpet can ruin the entire aesthetic of a room. Therefore, it is important to keep special care. You could hire a carpet cleaner in Cardiff that can make your stained carpet good as new.
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services and Why You Need Them?
While you can get your carpet cleaned yourself with everyday items, there is a reason why people suggest professional carpet cleaners in Cardiff. This is because carpet cleaners understand the best way to clean a carpet perfectly. They consider the material o the carpet, the pile, and the stain that needs to be removed.
Most premier carpet cleaning in Cardiff will inspect your carpet and all the stains and devise the most effective method. Furthermore, they have machinery specifically designed for carpet and upholstery cleaning, industrial-grade machines that are not readily available to the masses.
With the help of these machines, you can expect a clean and aesthetic finish with a stain and moisture-free look.
Why Choose The Carpet Cleaner In Cardiff
We have been providing carpet cleaning services in Cardiff for years, and with our experience, we can ensure that the methods and equipment we bring are unmatched in results. We offer carpet, upholstery, and sofa cleaning in Cardiff, and our team of professional cleaners is ready to tackle any stain on your carpets.
We offer services ranging from:
- Stain Cleaning: Not everyone can deep clean a carpet, and this is because certain carpets have higher absorption qualities than others which can result in damaging the carpet. Our process includes the use of hot water combined with organic cleaning solutions. All our products have quality certification from the British environment agency, fulfilling upholstery cleaning requirements. Our products, coupled with our cleaning methods, can get the toughest stains out of the softest carpets, making them look good as new. Whether you have stains on your soft carpets or leather sofas, we have equipment and products specifically designed to get any kind of stain out.
- Soil Removal: We usually wear shoes in the house, and these shoes can easily track dirt into the house and deposit soil in the carpets. While most of us merely see this soil on the surface, the soil has a way of finding its way deep into the pile of the carpet. This makes it much more difficult to remove all the soil. While using chemicals at home can be an option, you risk damaging the yarn and fabric of the carpet. The Carpet Cleaner Cardiff will use efficient methods to remove all the soil in your carpets without reducing their lifespan.
- Odor Removal: Carpet odour can be awful. It can ruin the entire vibe of a room and, in some cases, make it impossible to stay in the room for too long. This problem is mostly faced by households that have pets. The smell can be nauseating and, in some cases, infectious. While most people believe that shampooing the carpet can solve the problem, they risk damaging the carpet's fiber and reducing its life span. We at The Carpet Cleaner have methods specifically designed to remove odour from your carpets. Our liquid solutions have ingredients that not only remove odour but also tackle germs and apply a coating of immunity to your carpets.
- Brightness Enhancement: Carpets tend to get dull over time, and this is because the fabrics used tend to get damaged from wear and tear. While most people believe that this is the time to get a new carpet, we have a solution that can be easy on your pocket and solve your problem. Our Brightness enhancement techniques will restore the yarn and fiber in your carpet. This is possible with our high-quality products that ensure the best restoration of your carpets and give them a new aesthetic appeal.
Cleaning a carpet is not easy; if you choose to do it at home, it can damage the fibers and reduce their expected lifespan drastically. While most stains can be removed at home using a few simple methods and ingredients, it is always advised to recruit the help of professional carpet cleaners.
They are experts in their craft and ensure the best result for your carpets. One such option can be The Carpet Cleaner, Cardiff, UK. With years of experience under their belt, their methods and products can make your carpet as good as new.
Business, Business, Business, Business, Cleaning Service, team, team, team, Cleaning Products